This page is no longer active

Da Blog has moved to MorganWick.com. Please update your bookmarks, links, and RSS readers.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Random Internet Discovery of the Week

Well, I've decided that until the poll is closed, I'm setting StumbleUpon to check all topics - even though that often leaves me without anything to say - and here's why.

I have my toes dipped in a lot of fields. One thing I've noticed is that there are often groups of sites that all tend to have the same group of regulars. It's fairly rare, though, for those regulars to really cross over into fields that are too different. It's rare for me to encounter someone from a webcomic board on a political board, or a sports board.

One thing that I hope to do with Da Blog is to connect various different groups together and expose them to vastly different viewpoints, and a variety of fandoms. I hope that large, disparate groups can come and cross-pollinate, become exposed to new ideas and experiences, and come out richer for the experience. That's part of the reason why I've conceived of Da Blog as a collection of smaller sub-blogs.

So we begin with a brief history of the Middle East through the people who have conquered it, which reminds me of David Horsey's "Brief History of the Holy Land".

No comments: