This page is no longer active

Da Blog has moved to MorganWick.com. Please update your bookmarks, links, and RSS readers.

Friday, June 6, 2008

Random, irrelevant rant time!

Several weeks back, I knocked a small piece of my tooth out after slightly burning a hamburger. Today, I called a local dental clinic to see when I could set an appointment.

I just got off the phone. I was redirected to the "answering service" for - and I may get this name wrong - "Puget Sound Neighborhood Health Clinics". The conversation went something like this:

Me: Hi.
Person on phone: Hi.
Me: My name is Morgan Wick.
Person on phone: And what clinic are you calling?
Me: (name of clinic)
Person on phone: That clinic does not have Friday hours.
Conversation wraps up and concludes.


Now, about a week ago I called this clinic during business hours and was patched through to an automated system. Because I didn't want to set an appointment until I had answers to some questions, I didn't do anything at that time.

I know these people would get swamped, and I know that no one would have the answers to these questions better than the people who work at the specific clinic. But if you have a centralized "answering service" shouldn't you use it for more than just telling people they tried to call a place that's closed? Shouldn't I be able to get some questions answered anyway (not that I tried)? Why can't the same automated service that runs the clinic's own system also tell me I can't call right now? And WHY THE HELL don't the people at the "answering service" have some system to tell them what number I was calling so they don't have to ask me what clinic I was calling?

No comments: