This page is no longer active

Da Blog has moved to MorganWick.com. Please update your bookmarks, links, and RSS readers.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Upset Special of Week 4

The web site is updated with the lineal title changes and the Week 3 SuperPower Rankings, which reveals teams that really divide the rankings, with some having them at #9 while others have them in the 20s. The Panthers are 7th on CBS and 21st in Cole's Yahoo rankings; the Bucs are 19th in ESPN and Robinson's Yahoo rankings but 9th in NBC; the Eagles are 9th in Cole and 21st in NBC.

The Colts merged the NFL lineal titles this week and play a Broncos team next that I think is overrated. The loss to Jacksonville should have exposed them - they should not have been anywhere near the top after such close wins over two teams everyone thinks are awful - but they're still no lower than 12th in any list. People are thinking it says more about the Jags, who move up 10 spots to 8th in the SuperPower Rankings. Jacksonville has a bye this week, but I just might pick the Chiefs against them. Which brings me to my picks, where I'm 3-0 on upset specials. I thought this one was fairly obvious - just about any team could have upset the Broncs the way they were playing. Evidently not everyone agreed.

This week I'm picking the #20 Lions over the #11 Bears. The Bears are facing problems beyond the QB position. If the offense can't get going, even with Griese, the Lions offense could overpower the vaunted Bears defense. All my other picks are here.

No comments: