This page is no longer active

Da Blog has moved to MorganWick.com. Please update your bookmarks, links, and RSS readers.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Changes to Da Blog that also affect Da Web Site (and other musings)

Very few people who visit Da Blog appear to be going from there to my web site. In a related story, my sidebar has become rather cluttered.

Therefore, I've added a link to the web site to the right side and booted Da Counter to the bottom, since it's the element of Da Blog you're probably least interested in.

Have you noticed that I have a lot of rather short posts? And that I tend to talk a lot about Da Blog and my web site, and not about actual, substantial things? Seriously, Technorati says my most common tags are "blog news" and "web site news" followed by "my comments on the news". Just shows how much I need you to help give Da Blog direction.

Of course, in a sense you could say I need direction.

This summer, for me, has become dominated by the Greatest Movies Project. I've been writing 1-2 entries a day and goofing off the rest of the day. I've gotten a bit better at writing entries on movies I haven't seen as I've gone along. As I write this I have about 28 entries written, two more written in incomplete form, and some ideas on entries I haven't written. Six or seven of the entries are, in my opinion, rather great - up to about one-fourth from about one-eighth a few days ago. Most of the entries are from 1953 and earlier; the rest pretty much is composed of films at the very beginning of the list. At a rate of two a day, I could finish in 36 days by myself. That would get me a ways into September, and I could probably start posting entries before I'd completely finished. I'd probably rather get them done a little quicker, though. I have one person lined up to help write entries but I'm still open to any other movie fans who want to lend their expertise. I may post a list of off-limits films later this week.

In early September I'll be taking a trip to Los Angeles to visit my dad. At the pace I'm on, I would hit 50 entries right as the trip started. I'm hoping to hit 50 before then and 100 by the end of the trip. Then when I came back, most of the work would involve formatting it for the site.

I'll have more on things I'm looking for when I post on the Project again later this week.

No comments: